When I can't hear your heart beat.
When I can't feel how it keeps in
perfect synch with mine.
What do you do when you're off again?
When you're off on another adventure
far from me and my tattered heart.
What do they say to you?
What did they say that made you laugh,
that made you look at me and
forget.
What does it feel like?
What does it feel like to have 2 beating hearts?
Right there in your chest,
mine right next to yours?
Tell me,
Does it hurt when you have
a fleeting memory from that
one tiny insignificant thing,
that made you think of me?
Tell me,
Does it hurt to know
that I'm hurting?
Tell me,
What does it feel like
To have one beating heart,
and one breaking.
What do you do when you're away?
What do you feel in the moments
when I can't feel your heat
and you can't feel mine.
What do you do when you're off again?
Off again with them,
and those pearly whites spread
clear across your face.
What do they say to you?
That keeps you so far from home.
That keeps you away from my heart.
What does it feel like?
What does it feel like, to know that
when you come home,
I'll already be gone.
I hope it was worth what you did
while you were away.
No comments:
Post a Comment