Maybe you can forget about someone for a while, maybe you can stop thinking about them. But I do those kinds of things for people I lost long ago, people that I never truly loved. I mean, the people you talk to everyday and see everyday, and love day in and day out.
This brings me to another thought, does love define who we are as people?
Can we truly be self-sufficient enough to not love at all? Or is that just what lonely people say to cover up the fact that they are so sad. I think that maybe it's true that you can not love someone else, or yourself, or another human being. Humans kinda suck anyway. But what about things. If you start loving... say... tea? Do you ever stop loving tea? or maybe that's a bad example, because your pallet changes over time. But what about bears or dolls or skiing or penguins, or rollerblading or lacrosse, or something like that. Do we fall out of love with those kinds of things? or do we just move on to the next thing that we love? Is it possible that we can love all of those things, we just love one thing more than another? And if it's true for static things and activities, is it not true for human relationships? Can we not love many? And do we phase through things that we love more than other things?
Perhaps there is a balance between loving and losing, and forgetting.
No comments:
Post a Comment